There always some situations that call for a word that just doesn’t exist, and here are 8 prime examples of that. I’m sure everyone has encountered these things and wanted to easily describe the feeling to a friend but instead had to give a long drawn out explanation, one word would have been a lot easier. Now excuse me while I go gheegle my hot co-workers ass.
1. Gheegle: (Filipino) The urge to pinch or squeeze something that is unbearably cute.
2. Cualacino: (Italian) The mark left on a table by a cold glass.
3. Sgriob: (Gaelic) The itchiness that overcomes the upper lip just before taking a sip of whisky
4. L’esprit de escalier: (French) The feeling you get after leaving a conversation, when you think of all the things you should have said. Translated it means “the spirit of the staircase.”
5. Pari-pari and Saku-saku: (Japanese) Hard-crispy verses Soft-crispy, i.e. a rice cracker versus fried chicken
6. Stam: (Hebrew) An agreement out of amusement and frustration that something doesn’t have a satisfactory answer among those talking.
7. Forelsket: (Norwegian) The euphoria you experience when you are first falling in love.
8. Pena ajena: (Mexican Spanish) The embarrassment you feel watching someone else’s humiliation.