Brake Fast Records presents the brand new video for both Raf and Snook’s solo songs off of their Deeper Than Dirt LP.
“Deeper Than Dirt” has been consistently lauded in the Baltimore media, most notably receiving the #6 spot on the City Paper’s “Best of 2010″ albums of all genres. Sing a Hym produced by Fel Sweetenberg and The Crook is produced by Tom Delay. Let us know what you think!
Solo songs from Raf and Snook off the “Deeper Than Dirt” LP available at http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/deeper-than-dirt/id395827005
//Sing A Hymn produced by http://twitter.com/felsweetenberg
//The Crook produced by http://twitter.com/tomdelaybeats
Here is a pretty bad ass poster, no punn intended, of 50 bad guys by Robert ball. If you are lazy today you can see the cheat sheet below for the answers.
1. Only in math problems can you buy 60 cantaloupes and nobody asks what the hell is wrong with you.
2. Vegetarians and vegans spend entirely too much time trying to make vegetables taste like meat. You made your choice, now live with it hippie!
3. If you’re reading a book to your child and you decide to do a funny voice, you better be prepared to repeat that voice for like 3 fucking years.
4. There is no greater sense of accomplishment than rapping an entire part of a song perfectly.
5. Mental Note: Actual notes work better.
6. There are 470 tiles on my church’s ceiling.
7. I have a hard time grasping the fact that in other countries, peoples thoughts are in a different language.
8. Remember when you had to go to channel 3 to play video games?
9. Texting and driving is easy, I don’t know what the big
10. You’re the one who posted over a thousand pictures of yourself on-line, why does looking at them make me the weird one?
Click below for the rest and enjoy ruminating your ass off
On Saturday, a leaked trailer for the David Fincher-directed remake of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was posted to YouTube and quickly started bouncing around the Internet. The hyperkinetic minute-and-a-half clip—set to a propulsive, industrial cover of Led Zeppelin’s “Immigrant Song” by Trent Reznor and Karen O—was enough to get this Millennium trilogy fan stoked for the film’s release in December. The YouTube video appears to have been shot surreptitiously in a movie theater, and when it was first released viewers figured it had been shot in Europe, where the red-band trailer started screening last week.
1. Accidentally overhearing someone say nice things about you.
2. Laughing soo hard you don’t even make any noise.
3. Songs that bring you back to great moments in your life.
4. Those random good-hair days when you just feel beautiful or handsome.
5. Realizing you were smiling the entire time you were talking to someone, right after you hang up the phone.
6. Laughing hysterically with your friends, then pausing momentarily, looking at each other, and then laughing hysterically again.
7. Sleeping right next to someone you truly love.
8. A certain smell that instantly takes you back to another place or time in your life.
9. When the song on the radio ends right as you pull into the driveway.
10. The feeling you get when a group of friends all laugh really hard at one of your random jokes.
Continue for the rest below
In commemoration of the BMW 328 75th anniversary (no, not the leased 328 in your neighbor’s garage), Bavarian Motor Works has created what really can only be described as a breathtaking reintepretation, recently revealed at the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este in Como, Italy. Aptly called the BMW 328 Hommage, its resemblance to the original 1930′s 328 is a bit of a stretch, but BMW has managed to create a striking if not downright sinister look using a mix of throwback queues and stylings from modern models including the 6 series, Z4 and Vision ConnectedDrive concept revealed at the Geneva Auto Show.
More pics and info about this beastly machine below
When was the last time you memorized a cell phone number? Put a picture in a photo album? Created a real, physical invitation for a party? Thanks to Facebook, we don’t have to deal with any of those inconvenient, non-technological, memory-related things anymore. In our opinion, that’s change for the better. With Social Memories, you can document everything that happened on the social network quickly amassing more information about you than even Google. Social Memories takes all your pictures, albums, likes, favorite vocab words, popular status updates and a bunch of other socially important statistics and then aggregates it into a book perfect for your coffee table. Or, if $27 seems a little steep for what’s essentially a narcissistic trip down memory lane, you can make a book for free and share it with all the same friends that are in it. $27
Why this isn’t more of a big deal to Americans is beyond me, especially when the same areas that have gotten hit hard with tornadoes and devastation, are being hit again these upcoming days with even worse weather. The death toll is now over 150 and is only getting higher. Zoot sends our condolences to the families and people effected by the horror, and here is an intense photo montage showing before and after pictures of Joplin Missouri. When you see these photographs you will really understand how bad it really was and if that wasn’t enough, I added a video that will surely make your heart wrench. It is an interview with a woman who was saved by her husband during the tornado. He shielded her over a bath tub and gave his own life to keep her safe, the whole story is explained in the video, now that is true love, REVELATION OUT.
Many more before and after pictures as well as that video you should check out below
I’ve been pretty into dubstep for a while now and rusko’s song hold on was one of the first songs I heard, so it is not new by any means. But when you mash it up with one of jay-z’s great verses it reemerges as a great tune call Hov Holds On, hollaaaaaaaa.
It’s often said that a picture is worth a thousand words, but most authors prefer to do their story telling using words instead of pictures. What if pictures were made using words instead? Well, in some forms of typography based art, pictures are made up of words.
Check out these portraits of famous authors made using words from their own stories and poems.
Many more cool author word portraits below