Bullying has been a hot button issue for more than a year now. Bullying is as old as us being monkeys and everyone seems to have a different view on it. Whether you don’t care and think it builds character for those being bullied or it’s a behavioral problem with the bullies and our society. Whatever your take, everyone can benefit from watching ”The Bully Project” and getting some real insight into what goes on. Especially since most of us ZP readers are 20 somethings with no kids and are no longer connected to the vicious high school popularity scene. The Bully Project is a documentary thats making some noise at the Tribeca Film Festival and is poised to be a driver behind tackling the issue of bullying.
If you like hip hop, I am sure when you were younger you used to get excited for Freestyle Friday’s on BET, well at least I did, where they showcased the talent of Poster Boy, and Jin, but I havent seen a Freestyle Friday since 2004, real talk. Well I apparently have been missing out on some extreme talent, Blind Fury. If you can guess, he is a blind rapper, a white blind rapper, yes I said that correct. His real name is Steven Norris and he is from South Carolina. Blind Fury represents the evolution of the rap game that was born on the streets of the Bronx, NY. Born blind on October 10, 1984 in Camden South Carolina he had the world against him from day one. Below is a little mix of his battles coming up and they are pretty awesome, also below after the jump check out his first single, and also a short documentary of how he became what he is today. You can also hit up his website seen here for more information on his music.
“The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.” – Helen Keller
More vids below including his first single.
There always some situations that call for a word that just doesn’t exist, and here are 8 prime examples of that. I’m sure everyone has encountered these things and wanted to easily describe the feeling to a friend but instead had to give a long drawn out explanation, one word would have been a lot easier. Now excuse me while I go gheegle my hot co-workers ass.
1. Gheegle: (Filipino) The urge to pinch or squeeze something that is unbearably cute.
2. Cualacino: (Italian) The mark left on a table by a cold glass.
3. Sgriob: (Gaelic) The itchiness that overcomes the upper lip just before taking a sip of whisky
4. L’esprit de escalier: (French) The feeling you get after leaving a conversation, when you think of all the things you should have said. Translated it means “the spirit of the staircase.”
5. Pari-pari and Saku-saku: (Japanese) Hard-crispy verses Soft-crispy, i.e. a rice cracker versus fried chicken
6. Stam: (Hebrew) An agreement out of amusement and frustration that something doesn’t have a satisfactory answer among those talking.
7. Forelsket: (Norwegian) The euphoria you experience when you are first falling in love.
8. Pena ajena: (Mexican Spanish) The embarrassment you feel watching someone else’s humiliation.
Epic Meal Time is a YouTube cooking show known for creating extremely high-calorie meals, generally out of meat products and including alcohol and a ton of bacon. It debuted in October 2010, and since then has started to release an episode every Tuesday. It is hosted by Harley Morenstein and a group of his friends. Watching the show is like watching Jackass in the kitchen and the dialog is hilarious. Being from Canada, the accent on a lot of the words just tops it off. Check out their website and their youtube page for more videos.
Here is a classic hilarious Craigslist posting from a man confronting the man his wife is cheating on him with. The original posting on craigslist can be seen here. You would think it would be a rage fueled rant, wanting to kill the guy, but instead it is a list of things to do, so both men can be happy, hilarious.
To the guy doing my wife. You know who you are. Yes I know. No I am not angry, I would just ask a few things of you. After all you are giving it to my wife.
1.Please stop leaving the seat up, I keep getting blamed and it is starting to get old.
2.You may be giving me a chance to go fishing more often but please stop drinking all my beer. It is fine if you have a couple while you visit(god knows
I drink plenty before I find her attractive), but please leave me a few as I have to be there longer than you.
3.If you do drink the last one buy more or leave money on the counter I will pick some up.
4.Please replace the toilet paper when you use it all. For some reason my 5 year old son belives if its not there he does not have to wipe. We keep it under the sink, unless you can recomend a better spot?
5.After doing my wife please use something disposable to wipe off with. The basket of clothes on the right is mine and the clothes are clean as my wife does not do my washing, Irun out of time rushing to work. Last week my sweatshirt was crusty(thanks).
Hilariousness continues below
Jim and Tracy from Today Now! welcome Chris Morgan, the kindergartener who wrote the latest action-packed “Fast And The Furious” sequel. As you can assume the movie was made exactly how this 5 year old envisioned it, cars, explosions, cars going fast, and great dialogue from Vin Diesel, hilarious.
Someone who is calling themselves Looons gave this tree in Hells Kitchen a nice jacket last night. Too bad today is hands down the nicest day of the year in NYC. Even though this yarn tree jacket design looks amazing, and is not at all harmful, Im sure people will find a way to call in vandalism and complain about it. It is nice however, to see artists exploring all avenues of street art, even ones that arent permanent.
On this Earth Day following the disaster in Japan it’s important to remember that we are all in a long term committed relationship with Mother Nature and if we are a shitty boyfriend she will soon reign blows upon us. Maybe its the access to information or maybe there have been more natural disasters in recent years, there’s studies to argue both, but no matter how you look at it Mother Earth is a force to be respected and treated well. At any given moment she can stop our hustling civilization dead in it’s tracks if she feels like it. Here are NASA images of three major blows from mother nature in the past year. Seems like people are starting to see the big picture though with more focus than ever on clean and sustainable solutions, so that’s a positive this year. Do something most of us normally wouldn’t do today and pick up a random piece of trash and put in the garbage or recycling. Happy Earth Day!
See the photos after the jump
1. The word “queue” is the only word in the English language that is still pronounced the same way when the last four letters are removed.
2. Beetles taste like apples, wasps like pine nuts, and worms like fried bacon.
3. Of all the words in the English language, the word ‘set’ has the most definitions!
4. What is called a “French kiss” in the English speaking world is known as an “English kiss” in France.
5. “Almost” is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
6. “Rhythm” is the longest English word without a vowel.
7. In 1386, a pig in France was executed by public hanging for the murder of a child
8. A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off!Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
9. You can’t kill yourself by holding your breath
10. There is a city called Rome on every continent.
11. It’s against the law to have a pet dog in Iceland!
12. Your heart beats over 100,000 times a day!
13. Horatio Nelson, one of England’s most illustrious admirals was throughout his life, never able to find a cure for his sea-sickness.
14. The skeleton of Jeremy Bentham is present at all important meetings of the University of London
15. Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people
List continues below
Is this the end for Isaiah Mustafa? Old Spice has a new commercial for its new Danger Zone product line, currently only airing outside the US. The new campaign features actor Neal Bledsoe, who never loses his dapper smile despite being attacked by snakes, crocodiles, and piranhas, not to mention hit by a bus. What do you think of the new Old Spice Guy?